Winter Roads: 6 ways to avoid breakdowns ❄
Winter's here: 6 ways to avoid breakdowns
1. Pre-trip preparedness: Check and double check lights, hoses, belts, leaks, heater, defroster and wipers. Unplug the block heater before you start the engine. Tip: step on the clutch before you start the engine.
2. Brakes: Drain Wet Air Tanks everyday. Check for brakes not releasing.
3. Fuel: Keep fuel/gas tanks full, especially at the end of a shift as this prevents condensation buildup. Use winter additives to help prevent gelling up. Let the engine idle & warm up before hitting the road.
4. Be aware of driving dangers: Black ice occurs around 32 degrees and colder... good indicators are an icy windshield, wet precipitation at low temps, and shine on the road. Bridges freeze before roads do... take caution.
5. Driving: Observe safe speed limits, use caution when going down hills or over water crossing highways. Frost heaves may have you lose control.
6. Accidents/Breakdowns: Be prepared for an accident: use hazard signs and stay in an area that is safe from traffic. Have a blanket, extra water, clothes, hat & gloves and food just in case you need to wait for our road call team to arrive.
Leroy Holding 24/7 Emergency road call number: 1-800-782-0717
Leroy Holding winter fuel is in the pumps
...guaranteed not to gel up!